Travel with heart
We believe in a world where travellers care, where they impact their destination in a positive way.
Travel with soul
Create livelong memories and stories, meet real people and feel the country – no passive sightseeing!
Travel with trust
We walk the walk: we are Fair Trade and Travelife certified. We know the country so we’ll make your dream come true.
Travel carbon neutral
We compensate the carbon footprint of your complete holiday (accommodation, transport…) by planting trees.
Travel off-the-beaten track
We share lesser known, amazingly beautiful destinations with you, which definitely deserve a visit!
Travel to meet the locals
Abang means ‘to share’. We take you into the heart of local communities to share your lives and experiences!
- Nina van VlijmenOperations ManagerBorn in The Netherlands, but always looking for adventures! No surprise at all that I would eventually end up in South Africa. I fell under her magic spell in 2007. I can’t get enough of the people, the energy, the nature, the diversity, the vibrancy and all the different cuisines. South Africa is such an intriguing place. I believe in a world where travelers care and I love to show people the local communities, the lesser known but amazing destinations and all the fascinating and beautiful aspects that South Africa has to offer. I have lived for many years in Johannesburg, an amazing city that I absolutely loved, but it was time for a change. So in 2017 I moved back to Cape Town and started working with much pleasure at Abang Africa Travel.
- Tinus SteynTeam and Operations ManagerI grew up next to the Kruger National Park and attended primary school at Skukuza, in the park. It’s therefore not unusual that the tourism industry would have made an impression on me from an early age. I had always dreamed of living in Cape Town, which is why I exchanged the frenetic lifestyle and energy of Johannesburg for the beauty and tranquillity of the Cape. I’m excited to be part of the Abang Africa team, and I’m looking forward to making a contribution towards making travel more fair and sustainable.
- Annemarie MartiRoute Description ConsultantI was born in Switzerland and moved as a child to the Netherlands. I worked in health care and had a passion for travelling. Because having traveled to many different countries in Africa; by the time we wanted to make a change in life, the choice was obvious. In 2003 my husband and I moved to Stellenbosch to start a guesthouse. All our free time we used to explore South Africa and its neighboring counties. After 11 successful years we sold the guesthouse. Instead of retiring I started working for Abang Africa Travel. Here I can, together with a group of young, enthusiastic colleagues, use my travel experience and knowledge of the requirement of oversees travelers to be of assistance to everyone who wants to explore this beautiful country and meet it’s wonderful people.
- Stefan GennrichProduct DeveloperHaving grown up in a travel-family, exploring is in my blood. Southern- and South Africa have become my home, and favorite part of the world. I enjoy preparing amazing adventures, tours and live into each itinerary prepared for any prospective visitor. Sharing is caring. So destination and industry knowledge, also led me to teaching tourism to youth at risk for several years, assisting them with skills training and to find employment. By removing fears of the unknown, through understanding more about each other, relationships can grow between the world’s cultures, creeds, beliefs, countries and humanity. SA, with 360 days of sunshine a year, offers a kaleidoscope of diversities, different flora, fauna, nature and environment, making any journey to our sub-continent a wonder-filled experience. With each travelers’ spend, each visitor contributes and supports our development, as well as sustainability also at grass roots level. I encourage travel with a light carbon foot-print, so that all that we enjoy today, can be preserved and effectively maintained, so that our children’s children can also enjoy the thrills, smells, sounds, nature, wildlife and history, that we’ve been privileged to experience today. With Abang Africa’s ethos in assisting travelers with care, in line with Fair Trade Tourism and Travelife codes, it is a pleasure to work with this dynamic and passionate team.
- Blanche DamonsBookkeeping AdministratorI am the Bookkeeper at Abang Africa travel I joined the team in February 2017. I have 10 years working experience in the tourism industry. I was born and raised in Hout Bay, Cape Town. I love South Africa as a whole, but my favourite destination is Cape Town. I would love to travel more and experience the beauty of South Africa.
- Marcelo HauptIT ConsultantI’m a born free from the Cape Region. My journey with Abang started in 2015 as an intern, but elevated to a Junior Travel Consultant in February 2016. My dream is to boast about our country’s beauty and its wonderful people. I’m very passionate about showing people the vibrant and vast cultures South Africa has to offer. Not to forget to amazing variety of delicious foods! And at the end of the day, help creating the experience of your lifetime.
- Clichay KellermanTravel ConsultantI’m a born and bred Capetonian. I finished my tourism studies in June 2016 and first joined Abang as an intern, but then progressed to a Junior Travel Consultant. Tourism has become one of my interests after I’ve travelled to the USA. Travelling is not only about going somewhere to have a good time, but to get lost in the beauty of what the destination has to offer. Once in a while we have to escape from everyday life and experience something extraordinary, so why not South Africa? From nature to city life, one cannot help but stay in awe of what we have to offer.
- Retasha Van Der VentelTravel ConsultantI was born and raised in the beautiful and vibrant city of Cape Town. Ever since I could remember, I’ve dreamt of experiencing the beauty our country has to offer. That’s where I found my love for Tourism. April 2015 I graduated as a Tourism Management Diploma recipient at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology. I started my journey at Abang Africa Travel early 2017 as a Junior Consultant, where I am able to pursue my passion by helping and assisting prospective tourists, and those already experiencing the beauty we have to offer.
- Judith van de LaarTravel ConsultantBorn in the Netherlands, but I’ve always wanted to come to Cape Town since I was a little child. The first time i came to South-Africa was as a volunteer at a childrens home. I had expected to come for a short time, but never left since. In February 2017 I started working for Abang Africa as a junior travel consultant. It is great being able to work with and for people who love travelling. Being able to put a tour together for clients that will never forget. During my time in South-Africa I have had the chance to travel the country and see the different beautiful places around. I thought that I’ve seen South-Africa by now, but there are always new places to see and explore.
- Marleen de JongeTravel ConsultantI visited South Africa with my family for the first time in 2001, my parents had just bought a house in Somerset West. That first holiday I understood why my dad had decided to sell the farm in the Netherlands and live partly in SA. In the years after we visited SA twice and finally in Dec 2009 myself, my husband, 2 daughters and the dog made the big move from the Netherlands to South Africa. My dad had offered us his house as he was no longer able to live there. I did voluntary work on a weekly basis for Mama Themba (Thembalithsa). Every week I visited the newborn babies and their mummies at the local state hospital. And helped in a soup kitchen. Then in Dec 2016 I met someone from Abang Africa on Facebook, I sent my CV to Abang Africa in Feb of this year I was offered a job as junior travel consultant. And I love working again!
- Lusanda DontsaTravel ConsultantI was born and raised in the beautiful city of Cape Town. As a young girl, I was always curious and loved to explore . I joined Abang as a Volunteer junior consultant agent in 2017 . I love to travel and getting this opportunity has made me more interested in Traveling and Tourism. From the first day, I started at Abang Africa Travel I felt at home, there isn’t a day I’m not happy at work. As a consultant, I make sure that clients are happy, safe and that they enjoy their stay here in our beautiful Country it is what Abang Africa Travel is about after all.
- Amy DavidsTravel ConsultantBorn and raised in the magnificent mother city – Cape Town, I always enjoyed being outdoors and experiencing something new. I studied Tourism management in 2014 and completed my studies at Cape Town College in 2016. I then did my internship within the admin department in 2017 and joined the Abang Africa team as a Junior Travel Consultant the beginning of 2018. I love the travel industry and hope to experience and learn more as well as assist tourists to do the same in our diverse country
- Jammie DavidsTravel ConsultantBorn in one of the most beautiful cities in South Africa - Cape Town, I’ve always been interested in the Tourism industry since secondary school and continued on to peruse it as a career in 2015. I joined Abang Africa Travel as a data Capturer in 2018 and shortly progressed to a Travel Consultant. I have always had a passion for my beautiful country and its people. One of my goals is to travel across the entire country and then spread out my wings and eventually set out to conquer the entire world.