Travel with heart
We believe in a world where travellers care, where they impact their destination in a positive way.
Travel with soul
Create livelong memories and stories, meet real people and feel the country – no passive sightseeing!
Travel with trust
We walk the walk: we are Fair Trade and Travelife certified. We know the country so we’ll make your dream come true.
Travel carbon neutral
We compensate the carbon footprint of your complete holiday (accommodation, transport…) by planting trees.
Travel off-the-beaten track
We share lesser known, amazingly beautiful destinations with you, which definitely deserve a visit!
Travel to meet the locals
Abang means ‘to share’. We take you into the heart of local communities to share your lives and experiences!
- Tinus SteynGeneral Manager and Product DevelopmentI grew up on a farm next to the Kruger National Park and attended primary school in Skukuza, inside the park. It’s therefore not unusual that the magnificence of South Africa, and everything that it has to offer to visitors, made an impact on me from an early age. I’ve lived in Pretoria and Johannesburg (and the UK and France), and in 2010 I settled in beautiful Cape Town. Travelling and exploring is in my blood, and I love few things more than sharing my love for South Africa with international visitors. As Product Manager it is exciting to discover new and exciting places to visit and activities to do, especially if they play a role in the upliftment of local communities and operate in a way that is conscious of our fragile environment. Together with Nina and our incredible team, it is in honour to help steer Abang Africa Travel to great heights.
- Nina van VlijmenGeneral Manager, Reservations and Homestay DevelopmentI was born in The Netherlands, but always looking for adventures! No surprise at all that I would eventually end up in South Africa. South Africa is such a complex and intriguing place. After having travelled a lot myself, I do believe in a world where travellers care and where tourism benefits local people and protects the environment. So, I started working at Abang Africa in 2017. In addition to developing homestays (which for someone with an NGO background is a dream come true), managing Abang Africa together with Tinus, whom I admire a lot for his knowledge and his diligence, is an exciting new chapter
- Clichay KellermanTravel ConsultantI am born and raised in the Beautiful Mother City. From my childhood days; camping in the outdoors and exploring the USA, travelling had always been one of my interests. Therefore, I furthered my education and studied Tourism to pursue it as a career. Travelling is education for the living. I am pleased to be part of the Abang team; where I am able to explore the endless diversity, and provide sustainable trips to change the way we travel and view the world.
- Retasha Van Der VentelTravel ConsultantI grew up in Cape Town, a city which is known to be vibrant and diverse, which started my love for experiencing different cultures as well as scenery around the country. Since starting my career at Abang Africa Travel, which was back in 2017, I’ve had the privilege to travel to some amazing places within South Africa. Where I not only had the opportunity to experience the beauty our country has to offer, but also acquire knowledge to ensure that I am able to construct a package, in order for our clients to have a true and most importantly, an unforgettable South African Experience.
- Marleen de JongeTravel ConsultantI studied tourism when I was 19 years old but never worked in tourism. Then in December 2009 I moved with my family from the Netherlands to Somerset West, close to Stellenbosch. In the first few years I did a lot of community work in my village and surrounding villages. I often helped at a soup kitchen in Paarl and visited on a weekly basis the new-born babies and their mothers in the local state hospital for an organisation called Mama Themba. In February 2017 I started working as a consultant at Abang Africa Travel. As I enjoy travelling in South Africa a lot, I now enjoy making the trips of clients more sustainable. I like that we offer clients homestays at local communities. In that way one can really meet the local people and their traditions.
- Judith van de LaarTravel Consultant and Homestay TrainingBorn in the Netherlands, but I always had the dream to come to South Africa. After finishing my Bachelor of Pedagogic in 2013, I came to South Africa to volunteer. However I did not expect myself to stay long-term. After falling in love with this beautiful country and rich culture, leaving was no longer an option. Something lots of travelers will understand, once they have visited South Africa. In February 2017, I started working at Abang Africa Travel as a junior consultant. It is great being able to work with and for people who love travelling. I love creating a tour where we can add something special for the client and sending those to the less known places. There is so much more to see than just the highlights. Even after living in South Africa for over 5 years, I am still exploring new places. Besides being a Travel Consultant, I am the homestay facilitator and training the local homestay communities. A highlights for lots of travelers, and a way to uplift the local communities.
- Amy DavidsTravel ConsultantBorn in the magnificent mother city, Cape Town, I started my journey in the tourism industry as an intern. The beginning of 2018, I became a Travel Consultant at Abang Africa Travel. I have always had a passion for travel and the importance of travelling in a sustainable manner. To plan an unforgettable trip for someone changes their life and with this in mind, it has become the driving force in everything I do. To experience something new every day and to take on new challenges. Since I started as a Travel Consultant, I have changed and grown - “if you’re not changing, you’re not growing”. Now, as a team leader, I hope to continue to encourage and inspire others to sell an unforgettable trip.
- Jammie DavidsTravel ConsultantI was born and grew up in one of the most beautiful cities in South Africa, which is Cape Town. My dream has always been to be part of the tourism industry and creating unforgettable experiences for clients. I started my journey with Abang Africa Travel in 2018 and I have grown so much. Not only as a person, but also as a professional. I have now extended my country and product knowledge to Namibia & Botswana as well as South Africa. My goal is to continue learning new things every day and one day being able to have said ‘’ I’ve conquered the African Continent”.
- Annemarie MartiTravel Consultant & Routes DescriptionsI’m born in Switzerland and moved as a child to the Netherlands. After working in healthcare, from nurse to management consultant for over 30 years I was ready for a new challenge. Together with my husband I travelled a lot through Africa so when we decided to start a new adventure the choice of continent was easy. In 2003 we moved to South-Africa and started a guesthouse in the Winelands of Stellenbosch. We combined work with exploring Southern Africa. In 2016 we sold the guesthouse and retired. Soon I found out that being retired was not my thing so I started looking for job where I could use my knowledge of Africa and experience with tourists. Working for Abang ticks all these boxes and moreover I am a part of a young enthusiastic team. I am responsible for the Route Descriptions our clients get for their journey. It is my goal to direct them, as much as possible, along the beautiful highlights this county has to offer.
- Shameemah AbdulTravel ConsultantI am a proud South African, born and raised in Cape Town. I chose to study travel and tourism because it’s a growing, innovative, creative industry and continuously offering many opportunities. My travelling experience truly started at Abang Africa Travel at the beginning of 2019 as a Travel Consultant. I enjoy creating unique and off the beaten track adventures for clients and giving the insight of sustainable tourism. I have grown within myself and my position. I hope someday in the future I will be able to discover the hidden gems of the world by travelling, meeting people from different cultures and learning new languages.
- Mark ReijnekerTravel ConsultantMy internship in South Africa in 2006, to finish my study International Relations, was my first experience outside of Europe. That was also the time I met my (South African) wife and mother of our son. Ever since, South Africa captivates me. The happiness of people, while often having their tough share of challenges, is something that still moves me after all these years. I am still trying to work on becoming as open and as giving as many South Africans. Living in and working from Cape Town, I hope to contribute to sharing the remunerations in tourism locally in a fairer manner, thereby improving the livelihoods of South Africans. Besides doing good, it is also important to enjoy yourself. South Africa is such a diverse country and you can find everything you are looking for in the fields of tourism, sports, spirituality, cultures and nice food to mention a number of aspects. Although I am not a tourist, but a local here in South Africa, I still experience the holiday feeling every week and in the weekends on this side of the world!
- Werner StallaartTravel ConsultantLiving in Cape Town since 2009 and lucky to have experienced the Soccer World Cup 2010. A remarkable event in the history of South Africa and another déjà vu for Holland. It is hard not to fall in love with Cape Town, the City has got it all, beautiful scenery, warm climate and extremely friendly people. Working as a Travel Consultant with Abang Africa since beginning of 2019. My ambition is to introduce and show South Africa to as much people as possible. The country has got it all, which makes my job all the more easy. Let me take care of your travel needs.
- Angelika HaeggmanTravel ConsultantMy name is Angelika and I have travelled quite a bit. On my trips as a flight attendant, travel agent and translator, I saw many parts of our beautiful planet and when I came across South Africa I stayed, as it is the most beautiful country I've ever visited. I think of travelling as an important thing to do for each and everybody as it broadens your horizons and creates awareness and understanding for foreign cultures and most of all for our environment. But it is a mixed blessing as especially when traveling it is important to try keeping our carbon footprint as low as possible. This is the reason to work for Abang Africa as we are taking the environment into consideration. Ideally you leave nothing but footprints - take nothing but memories.
- Bazolele PiyoseTravel Consultant TraineeI was born and raised in the Eastern Cape in a beautiful rural area called Tsomo. I finished high school in 2018 and in 2019 I decided to travel to Cape Town for better opportunities. That is when I joined an organisation called Action Volunteer Africa (AVA) and through them, I chose to volunteer at Abang Africa Travel. Tourism is a passion of mine and being under Abang Africa travel’s wing is a privilege.
- Blanche DamonsBookkeeping AdministratorI was born and raised in Hout Bay – Cape Town. I Joined the Abang Africa Travel Accounts Department in February 2017. I LOVE our beautiful Mother City, so much to do and see. Working in the tourism industry has brought so much knowledge knowing our country and learning something new every time. I love spending my free time with my family and friends.
- Brenda MakushaAccountsI was born and raised in Harare Zimbabwe, but then moved to Cape town in 2012 in search of greener pastures. I joined Abang Africa’s team as an intern in March 2019 and progressed to a junior bookkeeper role. At the moment I have just finished my financial accountant studies and I am waiting for my international diploma. I would love to travel more and get to know the different cultures in South Africa. I really love my work!
- Themba MavusoTravel Consultant TraineeI am a Trainee at Abang Africa Travel. I was born and raised in the small town of Mthatha in the Eastern Cape. I spent most of my life in the rural areas where I did my primary, intermediate and my senior grades. I have always loved tourism as it was also part of my studies in high school. Coming to Cape Town was one of the best experiences, because I was exposed to many new things like living in the diverse communities and modern technology. I’m still getting to know the Western Cape as much as I can and I would also like to get to know the traditions of other countries as well. I love working for Abang.
- Stefan GennrichData Admin and Coordinator for Sustainable Tourism PracticesExploring is in my blood. Southern- and South Africa have become my home, and favourite part of the world. Preparing amazing adventures and itineraries is my passion. Sharing is caring. Teaching tourism to youth at risk gave them skills and started many, now successful careers. Removing fears of the unknown allows a better understanding so relationships can grow between the world’s cultures, creeds, beliefs, countries and humanity. I support community development initiatives that contribute towards sustainable, authentic travel experiences and encourage travel with a light carbon foot-print. With that our children’s children can also enjoy the thrills, smells, sounds, nature, wildlife and history, that we are privileged to experience today. With Abang Africa’s ethos to “travel with heart, soul and trust”, supporting Fair Trade Tourism and Travelife codes, it is a pleasure to work with this dynamic and passionate team.
- Marcelo HauptIT & Travel ConsultantBorn in the heart of Cape Town, I have grown to have a flare within my heart and soul for South Africa. I started my journey of travel in 2016 when I became a Junior Travel Consultant at Abang Africa Travel. In mid-2017 I was entrusted with the roll of IT (Information Technology) and I have been steadily adapting to my newly added line of work. My dream is to unveil the beauty of South Africa to all travellers across the globe, whether you want to simply unwind on beautiful beaches, experience our vast cultures and unique history or enjoy the thrill of an amazing adventure. At Abang Africa, it is my dream to share Africa.
- Sibulele AdonisiData AdminI was born and raised in East London in South Africa `s Eastern Cape. In November 2018 I moved to Cape Town to join AVA (Action Volunteers Africa), a non-profit organisation that connects youth to full-time volunteering positions in a variety of NGOs. Because I have always been passionate about the tourism industry and environmental affairs, I am now training at Abang Africa Travel as a data administrator. Every day I look forward coming to work. The vibe in the office is amazing and the diversity in our office is our strength. To anyone who wishes to come visit South Africa one day I would like to say ‘’ Climb the Mountain see the Beauty’’.
- Lusanda DontsaData AdminI was born and raised in Cape Town - known as the beautiful Mother City. I joined Abang Africa Travel in the beginning of 2017 as a volunteer, to gain some work experience and enhance my chances on the job market, and now I am working as a Data Capturer. Being in the tourism industry brings me joy and sparks a light within my soul by helping people and making sure their experience in our beautiful country are memorable. I enjoy being in a happy and free space where I can always laugh and have fun, which is what Abang offers me along with new learning experiences and growth. I am a cautious person and regard mistakes as a mode of learning to improve. I have always loved the thrill of adventure and strive to share the experience with as many people as possible. I hope to someday travel and visit the Okavango Delta as it is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Africa. – I will soon conquer the traveling experience.
- Buyiswa NkohlaHousekeeping
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.