South Africa. Visit a world in one country.
Travel the scenic and majestic Garden Route and see some of the largest elephant herds in the world at Addo Elephant National Park. You will have opportunities to interact with locals, see how they live, work and play.
The experience of overnighting with a host family brings you close to the community of the original Goedverwacht Mission Station. Learn about the history beginning during the slave era and meet today’s locals to enjoy the hospitality offered by this community.
Enjoy the scenic diversity. There’s time for some beach and swimming on the way. Be impressed by Africa’s largest herds of elephant and whilst game viewing, try to spot the others of the Big 5, lion, leopard, buffalo or rhinoceros.
Click here for more information.
Day 1: Arrival in Cape Town
Day 2: Cape Town, including Cape Malay cooking course
Day 3: Cape Town
Day 4: Cape Town – Goedverwacht
Day 5: Goedverwacht – Stellenbosch
Day 6: Stellenbosch, including cycle wine tour
Day 7: Stellenbosch – Hermanus
Day 8: Hermanus – Oudtshoorn
Day 9: Oudtshoorn, including meerkat experience
Day 10: Oudtshoorn – Knysna, including sunset cruise
Day 11: Knysna
Day 12: Knysna – Plettenberg Bay
Day 13: Plettenberg Bay – Addo
Day 14: Addo, including giraffe walk
Day 15: Addo – Port Elizabeth Airport, departure South Africa
Meet & Greet at arrival
Welcome package with route description and sim-card
- Group B EDMR car rental, Hyundai Grand i10
- Pick up day 2 at Cape Town City Centre and drop off day 15 at Port Elizabeth Airport
- Includes daily rental fee, contract fee, unlimited km use, second driver registration and Super Cover insurance
- Cape Town: Cape Malay cooking class
- Stellenbosch: Bike tour through Stellenbosch
- Hermanus: Whale cruise
- Knysna: Sunset cruise
- Tsitsikamma: Canopy tour
- Addo: Giraffe walk
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Bed & Breakfast basis
- Exceptions: Self-catering basis at Addo Elephant National Park and Half board basis at Goedverwacht community experience