Being one with nature, marshmallows on a campfire, stargazing, board games and good midnight chats. These are just a couple of the great memories we have, thinking back to the camping days.
But we haven’t forgotten about the struggle of putting up our tent, midnight walks to the toilet and rain leaking through the tent.
The best way of having both worlds is Glamping, the glamorous way of camping. Staying overnight in a luxury tent, with all facilities necessary. In South Africa there are different glamping places spread out over the country. These Glamping destinations are perfect for families. Children enjoy playing at the playground or swimming, while parents enjoy their quit time and reading a book
One of our favorites is Africamps, who offer glamping in working farms, nature reserves and estates in South Africa. Enjoy the beautiful surrounding, experiences local farm life and enjoy a homemade breakfast made from local products. Every Glamping destination by Africamps, has a local host.
Some of the must-visit Glamping spots:
- Stanford/Hermanus: Stay at a leading wine-and protea farm. Enjoy some winetasting or taking at trip to Hermanus for some whale watching.
- Robertson; This Glamping spot is based in a nature reserve: Pat Busch Mountain Reserve. Enjoy some beautiful hiking- and mountain bike trails.
- Oudtshoorn: Oudtshoorn is known for its Ostrich Farm, it is then no surprise that this Glamping spot is at an authentic working ostrich farm. Take a tour around the Ostrich farm, wake up early to spot the Meerkat and watch the beautiful starry nights.
- Wilderness; In the heart of de Garden Route, you can stay at one of the few remaining working farm in this area. Wilderness has lots of activities to offer, enjoy hikes in the nature, go canoeing or take a walk along the train tracks.
- Pongola Game Reserve: Stay in a Private Game Reserve in Kwazulu Natal. Enjoy watching the Elephant during a boatsafari on the river. And learn more about Elephant- and Rhino conservation in this area.
Hazyview: This camp is perfectly located inbetween Graskop and Kruger Nationaal Park. Take daysafari’s in to Kruger National park or visit the highlights of the Panoramaroute.
These are just a handful of beautiful Glamping Spots in South Africa. There is such a diversity in offer, and you will be able to explore some of South Africa’s most beautiful destinations.
Base your full South African trip around the glamping spots around South Africa. Or add 1-2 Glamping destinations into your trip.