Voyager avec le coeur
Nous croyons en un monde où les voyageurs se soucient et où ils ont une incidence positive sur leur destination
Voyager avec l'âme
Créez des souvenirs et des histoires vives, rencontrez de vrais personnes et ressentez le pays – pas de visites passives!
Voyager avec confiance
Nous marcherons à vos côté: nous sommes certifiés Fair Trade et Travelife. Nous connaissons le pays afin de réaliser pour le mieux votre rêve.
Voyage de manière neutre en carbone
Nous compensons l’empreinte carbone de vos vacances complètes (hébergement, transport …) en plantant des arbres.
Voyager en dehors des sentiers battus
Nous partageons des destinations moins connues, incroyablement belles avec vous, qui méritent absolument une visite
Voyager pour rencontrer les habitants
Abang signifie «partager». Nous vous emmenons au cœur des communautés locales pour partager vos vies et vos expériences!
- Tinus SteynGeneral Manager and Product DevelopmentI grew up on a farm next to the Kruger National Park and attended primary school in Skukuza, inside the park. It’s therefore not unusual that the magnificence of South Africa, and everything that it has to offer to visitors, made an impact on me from an early age. I’ve lived in Pretoria and Johannesburg (and the UK and France), and in 2010 I settled in beautiful Cape Town. Travelling and exploring is in my blood, and I love few things more than sharing my love for South Africa with international visitors. As Product Manager it is exciting to discover new and exciting places to visit and activities to do, especially if they play a role in the upliftment of local communities and operate in a way that is conscious of our fragile environment. Together with Nina and our incredible team, it is in honour to help steer Abang Africa Travel to great heights.
- Nina van VlijmenGeneral Manager, Reservations and Homestay DevelopmentI was born in The Netherlands, but always looking for adventures! No surprise at all that I would eventually end up in South Africa. South Africa is such a complex and intriguing place. After having travelled a lot myself, I do believe in a world where travellers care and where tourism benefits local people and protects the environment. So, I started working at Abang Africa in 2017. In addition to developing homestays (which for someone with an NGO background is a dream come true), managing Abang Africa together with Tinus, whom I admire a lot for his knowledge and his diligence, is an exciting new chapter
- Clichay KellermanTravel ConsultantI am born and raised in the Beautiful Mother City. From my childhood days; camping in the outdoors and exploring the USA, travelling had always been one of my interests. Therefore, I furthered my education and studied Tourism to pursue it as a career. Travelling is education for the living. I am pleased to be part of the Abang team; where I am able to explore the endless diversity, and provide sustainable trips to change the way we travel and view the world.
- Retasha Van Der VentelTravel ConsultantI grew up in Cape Town, a city which is known to be vibrant and diverse, which started my love for experiencing different cultures as well as scenery around the country. Since starting my career at Abang Africa Travel, which was back in 2017, I’ve had the privilege to travel to some amazing places within South Africa. Where I not only had the opportunity to experience the beauty our country has to offer, but also acquire knowledge to ensure that I am able to construct a package, in order for our clients to have a true and most importantly, an unforgettable South African Experience.
- Judith van de LaarTravel Consultant and Homestay TrainingBorn in the Netherlands, but I always had the dream to come to South Africa. After finishing my Bachelor of Pedagogic in 2013, I came to South Africa to volunteer. However I did not expect myself to stay long-term. After falling in love with this beautiful country and rich culture, leaving was no longer an option. Something lots of travelers will understand, once they have visited South Africa. In February 2017, I started working at Abang Africa Travel as a junior consultant. It is great being able to work with and for people who love travelling. I love creating a tour where we can add something special for the client and sending those to the less known places. There is so much more to see than just the highlights. Even after living in South Africa for over 5 years, I am still exploring new places. Besides being a Travel Consultant, I am the homestay facilitator and training the local homestay communities. A highlights for lots of travelers, and a way to uplift the local communities.
- Mark ReijnerkerTravel Consultant and Homestay TrainingMy internship in South Africa in 2006, to finish my study International Relations, was my first experience outside of Europe. That was also the time I met my (South African) wife and mother of our son. Ever since, South Africa captivates me. The happiness of people, while often having their tough share of challenges, is something that still moves me after all these years. I am still trying to work on becoming as open and as giving as many South Africans. Living in and working from Cape Town, I hope to contribute to sharing the remunerations in tourism locally in a fairer manner, thereby improving the livelihoods of South Africans. Besides doing good, it is also important to enjoy yourself. South Africa is such a diverse country and you can find everything you are looking for in the fields of tourism, sports, spirituality, cultures and nice food to mention a number of aspects. Although I am not a tourist, but a local here in South Africa, I still experience the holiday feeling every week and in the weekends on this side of the world!
- Annemarie MartiTravel Consultant & Routes DescriptionsI’m born in Switzerland and moved as a child to the Netherlands. After working in healthcare, from nurse to management consultant for over 30 years I was ready for a new challenge. Together with my husband I travelled a lot through Africa so when we decided to start a new adventure the choice of continent was easy. In 2003 we moved to South-Africa and started a guesthouse in the Winelands of Stellenbosch. We combined work with exploring Southern Africa. In 2016 we sold the guesthouse and retired. Soon I found out that being retired was not my thing so I started looking for job where I could use my knowledge of Africa and experience with tourists. Working for Abang ticks all these boxes and moreover I am a part of a young enthusiastic team. I am responsible for the Route Descriptions our clients get for their journey. It is my goal to direct them, as much as possible, along the beautiful highlights this county has to offer.
- Werner StallaartTravel ConsultantLiving in Cape Town since 2009 and lucky to have experienced the Soccer World Cup 2010. A remarkable event in the history of South Africa and another déjà vu for Holland. It is hard not to fall in love with Cape Town, the City has got it all, beautiful scenery, warm climate and extremely friendly people. Working as a Travel Consultant with Abang Africa since beginning of 2019. My ambition is to introduce and show South Africa to as much people as possible. The country has got it all, which makes my job all the more easy. Let me take care of your travel needs.
- Bazolele PiyoseTravel Consultant TraineeI was born and raised in the Eastern Cape in a beautiful rural area called Tsomo. I finished high school in 2018 and in 2019 I decided to travel to Cape Town for better opportunities. That is when I joined an organisation called Action Volunteer Africa (AVA) and through them, I chose to volunteer at Abang Africa Travel. Tourism is a passion of mine and being under Abang Africa travel’s wing is a privilege.
- Brenda MakushaAccountsI was born and raised in Harare Zimbabwe, but then moved to Cape town in 2012 in search of greener pastures. I joined Abang Africa’s team as an intern in March 2019 and progressed to a junior bookkeeper role. At the moment I have just finished my financial accountant studies and I am waiting for my international diploma. I would love to travel more and get to know the different cultures in South Africa. I really love my work!
- Themba MavusoTravel Consultant TraineeI am a Trainee at Abang Africa Travel. I was born and raised in the small town of Mthatha in the Eastern Cape. I spent most of my life in the rural areas where I did my primary, intermediate and my senior grades. I have always loved tourism as it was also part of my studies in high school. Coming to Cape Town was one of the best experiences, because I was exposed to many new things like living in the diverse communities and modern technology. I’m still getting to know the Western Cape as much as I can and I would also like to get to know the traditions of other countries as well. I love working for Abang.
- Sibulele AdonisiData AdminI was born and raised in East London in South Africa `s Eastern Cape. In November 2018 I moved to Cape Town to join AVA (Action Volunteers Africa), a non-profit organisation that connects youth to full-time volunteering positions in a variety of NGOs. Because I have always been passionate about the tourism industry and environmental affairs, I am now training at Abang Africa Travel as a data administrator. Every day I look forward coming to work. The vibe in the office is amazing and the diversity in our office is our strength. To anyone who wishes to come visit South Africa one day I would like to say ‘’ Climb the Mountain see the Beauty’’.
- Buyiswa NkohlaHousekeeping