Fair Trade tourism works with 6 principles which are;
- Fair share – everyone involved gets a fair share of the income.
- Fair say – everyone gets the right to participate in decisions that concern them.
- Respect – visitors and organizations should have respect for human rights, culture and environment.
- Reliability – all services should be reliable and safe for the host and the visitor.
- Transparency – everyone should know where they stand.
- Sustainability – the tourism industry has to become sustainable.