TheCode is an industry-driven responsible initiative, striving to provide awareness, tools and support in order to prevent the sexual exploitation of children in travel and tourism. As Top Member of The Code, we work towards creating a world where children are safe and free.
We’re committed to taking 6 essential steps to help protect children:
- To establish policies and procedures against sexual exploitation of children.
- To train employees in children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation and how to report suspected cases.
- To include a clause in contracts throughout the value chain stating a common repudiation and zero tolerance policy of sexual exploitation of children.
- To provide information to travelers on children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation of children and how to report suspected cases.
- To support, collaborate and engage stakeholders in the prevention of sexual exploitation of children.
- To report annually on their implementation of TheCode related activities.