|Job Title:||Senior Tour Consultant|
|This Position Reports to:||Reservations Manager|
Brief Description of the Job
Handling requests from international agents and private clients, which must be turned into itineraries that suit their needs and budgets. Developing travel itineraries and routes with a responsible tourism focus. Working closely together with Reservations Manager to generate sustainable development of business.
Excellent product knowledge, passion for southern Africa and its people, focused on delivering excellent service to clients, ability to work as part of a team, coordinating skills, accuracy & attention to detail, good verbal & written communication skills, ability to prioritise, ability to deal with high volumes of enquiries, focused, flexible, creative, proficiency in MS Excel.
Creating innovative and unique itineraries, providing guidance & motivation to junior staff, maintaining good profit margins on all bookings, developing & maintaining relationships with clients.
- Creating itineraries, calculations in excel and TOURPLAN (PCM, group and fast book), check brochures of Tour Operators and Travel Agents. Tourplan knowledge is an advantage but not essential.
- Organize and book allotments for group tours, including invoicing and writing of guide documents
- Oversee payments, bookkeeping and finances with regards to (group) bookings
- Oversee in cooperation with company coordinator, the content, packages and bookings of direct selling and wholesale websites
- Product development for Groups, FIT & Incentives
- Assist with coordinating AAA specific research, projects, rates, administration and content for TOURPLAN booking system, texts for leaflets, brochures, website & internet, newsletter, press
- releases and other marketing activities
- Invoice travel agents and tour operators, coordinating and liaising with guides
- Manage day to day client relations; communication with clients, Tour Operators and Travel Agents
- Share workload with Reservation Manager whenever necessary