Travel with heart
We believe in a world where travellers care, where they impact their destination in a positive way.
Travel with soul
Create livelong memories and stories, meet real people and feel the country – no passive sightseeing!
Travel with trust
We walk the walk: we are Fair Trade and Travelife certified. We know the country so we’ll make your dream come true.
Travel carbon neutral
We compensate the carbon footprint of your complete holiday (accommodation, transport…) by planting trees.
Travel off-the-beaten track
We share lesser known, amazingly beautiful destinations with you, which definitely deserve a visit!
Travel to meet the locals
Abang means ‘to share’. We take you into the heart of local communities to share your lives and experiences!
- Henko WentholtBorn in the Philippines, raised in Ecuador and Holland, I grew up traveling the world. Now I am rooted in South Africa and love experiencing on a daily base its diversity, the way it is taking giant steps towards the future, its stunning nature and its incredible people. An experience that makes me want to share all of this and more with you – our traveller and guest. To share with passion our sustainable strategy that offers you a truly unique, real and enjoyable experience.
- Tinus SteynI grew up next to the Kruger National Park and attended primary school at Skukuza, in the park. It’s therefore not unusual that the tourism industry would have made an impression on me from an early age. I had always dreamed of living in Cape Town, which is why I exchanged the frenetic lifestyle and energy of Johannesburg for the beauty and tranquillity of the Cape. I’m excited to be part of the Abang Africa team, and I’m looking forward to making a contribution towards making travel more fair and sustainable.
- Joseph HenkemanI am the Product Manager and have been with the company since 2011. I’m passionate about creating holidays that benefit the local community and encourage cultural interactions. My favorite destination in South Africa has to be the West Coast, because of the beautiful beaches and friendly people. When not creating dream holidays I love to spend time with my 3 beautiful daughters and even more time at the GYM.
- Catherine JacobsI was born and raised in Cape Town. I’m a graduate from the Cape Peninsula University of Technology with a Diploma in Tourism Management. I joined Abang Africa as a Junior Travel Consultant and assist with FIT bookings. I look forward to learning more about the tourism industry from my colleagues. I enjoy the travel industry and have always believed that one should conquer his own country first and then the rest of the world. I am yet to conquer the Northern Cape and the North West provinces. My favourite destination is the Kruger National Park because there is something for everyone.
- Pascale MelissenEver since I was a small child, I was dreaming about going to Africa. In 2002, I travelled literally around the world, just to ensure whether South Africa was really the place I wanted to be… and here I am! I’ve been a travel specialist my entire working life and have an absolute passion for my new home country. Throughout the years, I specialized in community based tourism and responsible travel. Tourism is a great way to develop our economy, our country and our people and to create a better life for all.
- Sanne WoltersI fell in love with South Africa a very long time ago. As soon as I started working for Abang Africa Travel, I developed even more feelings and warmth for the beauty of this country, nature, climate, rich culture and vibey mentality of the people. Working as a travel consultant for Abang Africa Travel has taught me a lot. I can only say: Come and visit this absolutely beutiful and breath-taking country. It’ll be an unforgettable journey!
- Clichay KellermanI’m a born and bred Capetonian. I finished my tourism studies in June 2016 and first joined Abang as an intern, but then progressed to a Junior Travel Consultant. Tourism has become one of my interests after I’ve travelled to the USA. Travelling is not only about going somewhere to have a good time, but to get lost in the beauty of what the destination has to offer. Once in a while we have to escape from everyday life and experience something extraordinary, so why not South Africa? From nature to city life, one cannot help but stay in awe of what we have to offer.
- Marcelo HauptI’m a born free from the Cape Region. My journey with Abang started in 2015 as an intern, but elevated to a Junior Travel Consultant in February 2016. My dream is to boast about our country’s beauty and its wonderful people. I’m very passionate about showing people the vibrant and vast cultures South Africa has to offer. Not to forget to amazing variety of delicious foods! And at the end of the day, help creating the experience of your lifetime.
- Josephine MhlontoI joined Abang as a Senior Travel Consultant this year and am loving every moment working here. The people are awesome, the vibe is great and I’m learning something new every day. I was born in Cape Town and travelled as far as KZN, Eastern Cape and Johannesburg only however I would now like to go all the way to Netherlands and meet the awesome team I work with and yes get to learn speak DUTCH!!! Until than exploring the beautiful South Africa and show casting it to our lovely tourist just makes my heart skip a beat.
- Lungi MchunuI was born in small city in KZN called Pietermaritzburg, but moved to Cape Town almost 10 years ago for school. I am currently studying towards my International Marketing Management qualification and working as a Marketing assistant at Abang Africa travel. I enjoy working in the tourism industry as it’s a new challenge every day and we’re working hard to make your traveler’s dreams come true. I would love to do more traveling in my beautiful diverse country myself.
- Blanche DamonsI am the Bookkeeper at Abang Africa travel I joined the team in February 2017. I have 10 years working experience in the tourism industry. I was born and raised in Hout Bay, Cape Town. I love South Africa as a whole, but my favourite destination is Cape Town. I would love to travel more and experience the beauty of South Africa.
- Retasha Van Der VentelI was born and raised in the beautiful and vibrant city of Cape Town. Ever since I could remember, I’ve dreamt of experiencing the beauty our country has to offer. That’s where I found my love for Tourism. April 2015 I graduated as a Tourism Management Diploma recipient at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology. I started my journey at Abang Africa Travel early 2017 as a Junior Consultant, where I am able to pursue my passion by helping and assisting prospective tourists, and those already experiencing the beauty we have to offer.
- Lusanda DontsaI was born and raised in the beautiful city of Cape Town. As a young girl, I was always curious and loved to explore . I joined Abang as a Volunteer junior consultant agent in 2017 . I love to travel and getting this opportunity has made me more interested in Traveling and Tourism. From the first day, I started at Abang Africa Travel I felt at home, there isn’t a day I’m not happy at work. As a consultant, I make sure that clients are happy, safe and that they enjoy their stay here in our beautiful Country it is what Abang Africa Travel is about after all.
- Judith van de LaarBorn in the Netherlands, but I’ve always wanted to come to Cape Town since I was a little child. The first time i came to South-Africa was as a volunteer at a childrens home. I had expected to come for a short time, but never left since. In February 2017 I started working for Abang Africa as a junior travel consultant. It is great being able to work with and for people who love travelling. Being able to put a tour together for clients that will never forget. During my time in South-Africa I have had the chance to travel the country and see the different beautiful places around. I thought that I’ve seen South-Africa by now, but there are always new places to see and explore.
- Nina van VlijmenBorn in The Netherlands, but always looking for adventures! No surprise at all that I would eventually end up in South Africa. I fell under her magic spell in 2007. I can’t get enough of the people, the energy, the nature, the diversity, the vibrancy and all the different cuisines. South Africa is such an intriguing place. I believe in a world where travelers care and I love to show people the local communities, the lesser known but amazing destinations and all the fascinating and beautiful aspects that South Africa has to offer. I have lived for many years in Johannesburg, an amazing city that I absolutely loved, but it was time for a change. So this year I moved back to Cape Town and started working with much pleasure at Abang Africa Travel.
- Marleen de JongeI visited South Africa with my family for the first time in 2001, my parents had just bought a house in Somerset West. That first holiday I understood why my dad had decided to sell the farm in the Netherlands and live partly in SA. In the years after we visited SA twice and finally in Dec 2009 myself, my husband, 2 daughters and the dog made the big move from the Netherlands to South Africa. My dad had offered us his house as he was no longer able to live there. I did voluntary work on a weekly basis for Mama Themba (Thembalithsa). Every week I visited the newborn babies and their mummies at the local state hospital. And helped in a soup kitchen. Then in Dec 2016 I met someone from Abang Africa on Facebook, I sent my CV to Abang Africa in Feb of this year I was offered a job as junior travel consultant. And I love working again!
- Fundiswa NohayaI was born in Butterworth in the Eastern Cape and moved to Cape Town almost 8years ago. I hold a certificate in Human Resource Management and just join Abang Africa Travel as a Data Base Administrator, I am looking forward to learning more about the tourism industry.
- Stefan GennrichHaving grown up in a travel-family, exploring is in my blood. Southern- and South Africa have become my home, and favorite part of the world. I enjoy preparing amazing adventures, tours and live into each itinerary prepared for any prospective visitor. Sharing is caring. So destination and industry knowledge, also led me to teaching tourism to youth at risk for several years, assisting them with skills training and to find employment. By removing fears of the unknown, through understanding more about each other, relationships can grow between the world’s cultures, creeds, beliefs, countries and humanity. SA, with 360 days of sunshine a year, offers a kaleidoscope of diversities, different flora, fauna, nature and environment, making any journey to our sub-continent a wonder-filled experience. With each travelers’ spend, each visitor contributes and supports our development, as well as sustainability also at grass roots level. I encourage travel with a light carbon foot-print, so that all that we enjoy today, can be preserved and effectively maintained, so that our children’s children can also enjoy the thrills, smells, sounds, nature, wildlife and history, that we’ve been privileged to experience today. With Abang Africa’s ethos in assisting travelers with care, in line with Fair Trade Tourism and Travelife codes, it is a pleasure to work with this dynamic and passionate team.
- I grew up in the Eastern Cape and later moved to Cape Town to complete my High school . I hold a National Diploma in Tourism Management The reasons I did tourism is that it has a lot of opportunities I also I want to explore the world and learn more about other people's cultures I recently started working for Abang Africa as an intern and I’m hoping to grow within the company.
- Millicent ArendseI recently started at Abang Africa Travel. Ever since I can remember I loved to travel the local places in Cape Town. My most favourite destination in South Africa is the Garden route. Because of my love of travelling, tourism became an interest to me. I love the diversity of South Africa. It’s a stunning place and to give others that same experience became a passion to me
- AymarAt an early age, I loved to travel the world. I always wanted to come to South Africa and discover the beautiful country, its animals, and meet its kind people. I arrived in Cape Town in June as a French market developer at Abang Africa Travel. I am very happy to be in this country because it’s one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited, and working I am happy working for Abang. I want to develop Abang Africa Travel in France in order to promote South Africa for all the French people. I hope you will come too and live the same dream as me.